The signage program for the M.V. Northern Expedition is intended to be a continuation of the directional and messaging standards developed for BC Ferries’ C-Class upgrade program. As with the signage system developed for the terminals, the system developed for the vessels will be designed particularly for first time or infrequent users.
BCFerries Signage Spec D Series
Objectives of the New System
– Develop a professional wayfinding, signage and messaging system with the appropriate control mechanisms to guide passengers from boarding the vessel, either as a foot passenger or in a vehicle, to the passenger areas and amenities and finally to exiting the vessel.
– Continue the establishment of a consistent passenger oriented directional and messaging standard for use through-out the Corporation.
– Present an appropriate, clean, businesslike image that strengthens confidence in BC Ferries as an organization that is focused on safety and service.
– Improve operating efficiencies for the Corporation.
– Enhance the customers’ travel experience of BC Ferries.
– Continue to develop and strengthen the BC Ferries brand.
– Enhance on board revenue opportunities through enhanced directions to food and retail services outlets.